Frequently Asked Questions
- 1) How can I apply for the McNair Scholarship?
- 2) What documents do I need to apply?
- 3) How do I know if I am eligible to participate in McNair?
- 4) Do I have to attend graduate school at SIU Carbondale?
- 5) Can I participate in McNair as a freshman?
- 6) What majors are accepted?
- 7) What is the Summer Research Institute (SRI)?
- 8) Can I work during the Summer Research Institute?
- 9) Can I take classes during the Summer Research Institute?
- 10) How do I find a mentor?
- 11) What are some of the other benefits of McNair?
- 12) What is the GRE?
- 13) Who was Dr. Ronald E. McNair?
- 14) How is the program funded?
Other Enrichment Opportunities at SIU:
SIU's McNair Scholar program is part of the US Department of Education & Federal TRIO Programs.